Best Galata Tower Tour 2023 – Visit Galata District
Visit Galata Tower and enjoy beautiful views of the city and Bosphorus!
Climb Galata Tower
Book a guided tour online and see a different side of Istanbul from the top of the Galata Tower. Enjoy a short walking tour in one of Istanbul’s most exciting neighborhoods and pick up insights from your local tour guide.
Galata Tower Tour
Meet your tour guide in front of the Tünel funicular station exit and start walking through the backstreets of the Pera district surrounding the Galata Tower. See Istanbul’s first luxury hotels, which have hosted queens, kings, and world-famous artists.
After you have finished wandering through the charming streets of the Pera district, your tour guide will lead you to a historical fish market and Istanbul’s renowned bar street, where you can indulge in some delicious local street food.
Explore the lively Istiklal Avenue and discover a world of shopping opportunities, art galleries, and historic buildings. Enjoy the beauty of some of the oldest consulates and churches, which were constructed during the Ottoman Empire in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Walk down a charming cobblestone street filled with melodious tunes, which lead you to the Galata Tower. This street is a haven for musicians, boasting an array of specialty shops that sell handmade ethnic instruments and equipment. As you make your way, your guide will share fascinating tales and myths about the sights along the route.
Once you reach the tower, your guide will help with admission. From the top, marvel at breathtaking views of the historic peninsula, including the Hagia Sophia, Topkapı Palace, the Bosphorus Strait, the Bosphorus Bridge, the European and Asian sides of Istanbul, and the Golden Horn.
The conclusion of the tour will be at Galata Tower, where you can have all the time you need to capture breathtaking photos of Istanbul.
- Entry to Galata Tower
- Walking tour with a licensed guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- Comfortable shoes
Once you arrive at the Tünel metro station in Beyoğlu, keep an eye out for your tour guide in their red uniform waiting for you at the exit.
LET’S GO! DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!
An experience you don’t want to miss!
Marvel at the Bosphorus and majestic city of Istanbul from the top of a medieval tower dating back to the Genovese era.
Explore the neighborhoods of Pera and Galata on an insightful guided walking tour.
Explore the vibrant streets between Taksim and Karaköy and witness the centuries-old cultural diversity.
FAQ – Galata Tower Guided Tour
Is Galata Tower worth visiting?A visit to Galata Tower is a must-do in Istanbul! The tower offers not only stunning views of the city’s attractions and landmarks, but also a chance to witness the city’s rich history and culture. Climbing the tower is an experience not to be missed.
How much does it cost to go up to Galata Tower?The cost of tickets for Galata Tower can differ, so we suggest booking a guided tour in advance that includes skip-the-line entrance. Our tour also offers a walking tour of the Galata and Pera neighborhoods, giving you the opportunity to discover fascinating shops and the area’s surroundings.
How long does the Galata tower tour take?The duration of The Galata Tower district tour takes around 75 minutes, and you can explore the Galata Tower for as long as you want once you enter.
What time should I visit Galata Tower?We recommend visiting the Galata Tower later in the afternoon, and if you can time yourself to climb on the tower’s terrace as the sun sets, you will be able to enjoy incredible views of Bosphorus and Istanbul.
LOOK NO FURTHER! BOOK YOUR PERFECT WALKING TOUR OF GALATA TOWER AND SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOODS NOW!
Fast & Easy Booking Process!
Good To Know Before You Go!
- You will take an elevator up to the 7th floor of the Galata Tower, but you will have to walk up to the last two floors of the tower to the top.
- Gratuities (optional) for your tour guide are not included in the tour price.
Great Tour Experience!
A very insightful tour that includes tickets to Galata Tower. We had an incredible time exploring the streets of Istanbul and getting to know the history of the city. My favorite part of the tour was the Istiklal Street and the views from the Galata Tower terrace.
Amazing Tour Guide
Our tour guide was incredible and so knowledgeable. He told us many different stories about the streets and attractions surrounding the Galata Tower. This is an amazing short tour that offers so much to see. If you're visiting Istanbul and are looking for things to do, I would definitely recommend booking this Galata Tower Tour online!
- The Tower was commissioned by the Byzantine emperor Justinian the Great in the 6th century as a lighthouse, which would later serve as a strategic watchtower.
- The tower was named the Tower of Christ, but it eventually changed to Galata Tower after the surrounding area where it is situated.
- The tower is 67 meters tall and has nine floors. Visitors can climb up to the top for a panoramic view of Istanbul.
- Over the centuries, the tower has served many purposes, including as a fire tower, a prison, and even a venue for public hangings.
- One of the many stories surrounding Galata Tower involves Hezarfen Ahmet Celebi, who made the first recorded flight by a Turk in the 17th century. In preparation for this historic feat, Celebi studied the airflow of bird wings and constructed a replica. He launched himself from the top of Galata Tower and flew across the Bosphorus before successfully landing on the shore of Uskudar, covering a distance of approximately six kilometers.